- Our Team
- Buildings and Gardens
Curam Care Homes plan to provide a number of bespoke, modern, purpose built Care Homes that will meet the needs of our residents in comfortable and homely surroundings and deliver care in a respectful and dignified manner. In our homes, we aim to provide the best quality and standard of care available to our residents and to promote an environment that allows them to maintain close ties not only with their immediate family but also with the wider local community.
Construction of our latest home on the Navan Road in Dublin commenced in 2018 and we expect to open the doors to new residents in early 2021. We look forward to serving the people of Dublin 7 and the surrounding areas for many years to come.
Our Curam Care Home Navan Road is adjacent to the Deaf Village and the Primary Care Centre on the Navan Road and is a 144 bed home designed over 4 floors where each floor has the capacity, in terms of kitchens, dining rooms and a selection of seating areas, to operate as individual units whilst still enjoying the benefits and facilities of a larger home. This design approach allows us to meet our residents needs on each individual floor and a similar design in our existing homes was a fundamental element in our successful infection control protocols during the ongoing Covid 19 crisis.
Director of Nursing
Nursing Home: Curam Care Home Navan Road
Nursing Home Address: Navan Road, Cabra, Dublin 7
Amylee is a qualified Registered General Nurse . She holds an BSc (Hons) in General Nursing from DCU, a Post Graduate Degree in Nursing from Trinity College Dublin, and an Executive Masters in Business (MBA) from Technology University Dublin. Amylee has 10 years nursing experience across acute and residential care settings. She has also held teaching, operational and managerial roles in other homes before commencing as Director of Nursing at Navan Road.
Amylee’s area of professional interest include operations management, leadership and governance. To date her nursing career has been dedicated to creating a culture of high quality care in a variety of settings, particularly for older people in residential care.
Lissamma Abraham (Lisa)
Assistant Director of Nursing and Quality & Practice Development Nurse
RGN, BSc N. Management, MSc N. Advance Leadership.
Nursing Home: Curam Care Home Navan Road
Nursing Home Address: Navan Road, Cabra, Dublin 7.
Lissamma is a qualified Registered General Nurse . She holds a BSc Nursing Management and MSc Nursing in Advanced Leadership with First Class Honours from Royal College of Surgeons Ireland. Lissamma has also completed Dementia Mapping under Bradford University UK and has a European Certificate in Essential Palliative Care. She is currently undertaking a Doctoral Research in compassionate end of life care at RCSI Dublin.
Lissamma has over 25 years of nursing experience of which more than 14 years in older persons care in Ireland. Prior to this role, she worked as a Quality & Practice Development Nurse to provide clinical support, up to date education, clinical programmes and instruction to nurses, healthcare assistants and other clinical staff in developing skills and competencies in order to fulfil their roles and responsibilities. She also worked in a broad range of multi-speciality hospitals in India as a hospital night supervisor, Medical ICU manager, ward manager and staff nurse.
Lissamma is a trained facilitator for National Dementia Programme, National Frailty Programme and National Anaphylaxis programme. Her area of professional interest include education and training and nursing leadership. To date her nursing career has been dedicated to creating a culture of high quality person-centered care in a variety of settings, exceptionally for older people in residential care.
Executive Assistant and Resident Liaison Officer
Nursing Home: Curam Care Home Navan Road
Angela has over twenty years of experience in the Nursing Homes Sector and joins the Curam Team as Executive Assistant and Resident Liaison Officer after having held a similar role for many years in another nursing home.
Angela knows from her experience of working together with residents and their families at every stage, from enquiry to admission, has helped to put their minds at ease and smooth their transition into Nursing Home life which she knows to be a time of their lives that can be fulfilling and rewarding.
Angela knows from her experience that a primary point of contact providing continual administrative support throughout their residency is of paramount importance to ensure the comfort of both residents and their families.
Facilities and Gardens
- 144 spacious single en-suite rooms over four floors
- Each floor has its own sitting and dining rooms
- Choice of Sitting Areas ranging from private and quiet to lively and active
- Visitors room with Coffee Machine
- State of the Art kitchen
- IT Facilities and Internet Access
- Privately enclosed landscaped garden
- Hairdressing Salon with visiting hairdresser
- Adjacent to local coffee shop
- Smoking area (residents only)
Each bedroom features:
- Nurse call facility linked to Nurses Station
- Ensuites with Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Flat Screen TV
- Telephone points
We would encourage all residents to bring whatever personal touches from home that make their room feel like their home eg pictures, ornaments etc
In Curam Care Homes, we are constantly striving to provide the widest possible selection of services based on what our residents are telling us.
Some of the services we provide in Knockrobin Hill Care Home are as follows:
- 24 Hour Nursing Care
- Full Medical Care with On Call GP Services
- Our own Physiotherapist
- Our own Occupational Therapist
- Activity Programs with our own Activities Teams
- Alternative Therapies such as Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology
- Religious Services
- Dental and Optical Services
We are very fortunate in Curam Care Homes to have a specific Activities Team in each home that works in collaboration with our in house OT and Physio and the Activities Teams in all our homes to share ideas and produce comprehensive and holistic activity programmes for our residents. Our ethos is to encourage residents to do as much as they would like and are able to do for as long as that is possible.
This group have recently put together a number of initiatives, such as:
- Wellness booklets for all residents and staff;
- Activity books for all residents;
- USB key specific to each resident which they can use in the TVs in their rooms with activities, exercises, messages from their families, a choice of religious services
Activity and Social Program:
All activities are matched to the level of ability of our residents using our Key to Me Assessment
- Entertainment – Music sessions with professional performers and local musicians, bingo, cards, board games, movie afternoons, sing-a-longs, residents choir, pub night
- Therapies – Life story books, reminiscence therapy, Sonas, sensory/aroma therapy, pet therapy, pamper time, 1:1 sessions, men & ladies pampering
- Social – Parties, barbecues, outings, weekly coffee mornings, knitting groups, reading of daily newspapers and discussion group, quiz and trivia groups, hoops, baking, tea parties, food and craft fair
- Fitness – Indoor ball games and armchair exercises
- Community – Social outings, volunteers support and involvement, parties, community events, charity events
- Creative – Arts & crafts groups, gardening and flower arranging
- Spiritual – Weekly Roman Catholic Mass and Rosary. Regular Church of Ireland Services
- Festivities – All festive days, birthdays and holidays are celebrated.
If you are at the stage of considering a nursing home in Dublin, for either yourself or a loved one please feel free to give us a call.
We believe each person is unique and special and we strive to maintain the highest standards of person centred care, in partnership with our residents and their loved ones.
Curam Care Home Navan Road,
If you would like to arrange a visit, get further information or want to enquire about availability, please contact us.